Sign up for a gym membership in Albertville. Eat clean and follow a nutrition plan. Try an alternative workout class. Lose weight.
We’ve all gone through it. It’s a new year, and we choose particular resolutions. Then we quit by February. Why does this happen?
1. Write Down Fitness Goals, Not Resolutions
Resolutions are a firm resolve to do or not do an action. On account of this, they’re rigid and can be intimidating.
Goals are the intention of your ambition, a plan or a desired reaction. They seem less formidable—and more feasible.
Suppose that you go into 2020 with the attitude of setting attainable goals, rather than making formidable resolutions? Reevaluating how you think about things and being more forgiving to yourself is a start toward improvement.
2. Choose SMART Fitness Goals
Your goals this year may involve:
- Professional—getting a promotion in your career.
- Health—starting a strength training routine.
- Personal—reading additional books.
Now that you’ve set your goals, how do you keep determined to reaching them?
SMART goals drive you to meet objectives and acknowledge accomplishments during your journey.
How Do You Write a SMART Goal?
SMART signifies specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-based. They are definite but not intimidating.
Your SMART goals could be:
- Read for 20 minutes before you go to bed every night this week.
- Consume vegetables at each meal this week.
- Go for walks after your evening meal daily this week.
Making SMART goals will help you avoid being defeated by what you want to do.
3. Share Your Fitness Goals with a Friend
Be certain to share your goals with someone! Using an accountability partner can help you in keeping motivated during the process.
4. Sign Up for a Free Week at FXB Albertville
Ready to finally reach your fitness goals in 2020?
Making (and reaching) goals is just one piece of the healthy lifestyle we teach at Farrell's Albertville. Start a free week and discover how we can help you meet your goals.